To Everything There is a Season...by Ellen Fink-Samnick MSW, ACSW, LCSW, CCM, CRP on 08/12/19
You may have noticed I took a hiatus from writing my bi-weekly blog on the disrupters impacting our healthcare industry. I have valued your comments, support, and attention to each post. There have been no shortage of topics to explore!
My work has taken exciting new turns, with expanded opportunities to empower the knowledge of students, practitioners, and other healthcare sector stakeholders. Since I develop a variety of content across media sites, it is time I share those resources with you.
Moving forward you will receive a bi-weekly alert with URLs for all of my latest publications, broadcasts, and interviews, many with free access, including:
· Case Management Institute® (CMI): A unique professional development company that provided training and resources to develop the case management workforce, including online trainings publications, the Case Managers Community Facebook Group and the Case Managers Cruise.
· Ellen’s Ethical LensTM :This LinkedIn Group is for professionals in the health and behavioral health realm who share a vested interest in the impact of industry happenings on practice. Open to students, practitioners, providers, and other industry stakeholders, articles are posted daily to assure all are kept in the know of the latest news.
· RACmonitor: Weekly healthcare news on world of compliance and risk, and the latest on the social determinants of health.
· Monitor Monday: Weekly live broadcast, Monday at 10:00 am EST (post-event podcast via Googleplay, iTunes, Spotify, and Stitcher) including my Social Determinants of Health Report.
· ICD 10 Monitor: Weekly healthcare news on coding and costs, plus relevant information on the Social Determinants of Health.
· Talk Ten Tuesdays: Weekly live broadcast, Tuesdays at 10:00 am EST (post event podcast via Googleplay, iTunes, Spotify, and Stitcher) where I make occasional appearances to discuss relevant topics.
· The Professional Case Management Journal: Published through Wolters Kluwer Health, this bi-monthly evidence-based journal offers timely articles across the interprofessional case management workforce, including CEUs. Members of the Case Management Society of America have free access to the journal, which can be accessed via the member portal of the association website.
· HCPro: A leading provider of integrated information, education, training, and consulting products and services in healthcare regulation and compliance, plus publisher of my two recent books, The Essential Guide to Interprofessional Ethics in Healthcare Case Management, and The Social Determinants of Health: Case Management’s Next Frontier; both come with pre-approved CEUs for CCMs (14.0 Ethics), Nursing (4.5) and Social Work (4.5).
· Patchwise Labs: A creative strategy firm that promotes social innovations for health, and fuels attention to the Social Determinants of Health. They have some exciting new dimensions in the works, so stay tuned!
· RISE Health: The premier community for healthcare professionals focused on the emerging landscape of accountable care and government healthcare reform. RISE serves the community on four fronts: networking, education, industry intelligence and career development.
A list of upcoming presentations at conferences, trainings, with URLs to registration information, and applicable discount codes will also be provided. This way I can offer you options to access the resources relevant to your work across the health and behavioral health space, as opposed to a single blog post only.
My prior blogs will remain available for those who wish to access them. In time, they will be organized into a single folder to promote site organization. Know I will continue to empower, energize, and educate the Ethical Lens of our industry.
My gratitude to each one of you for your dedication to empowering the ethical end in your organizations.